Monday, October 7, 2013

Week #29 - Survived first week in the office and found a new Mom and DAD!

Hello family!

We're you able to translate my last email? Anyways, I survived my first week in the office. It was transfer week so it was pretty tough.


We had to sleep late, wake up early, eat late. But at least we got fed. We got free breakfast from the mission home. We got free meals from President and Sister Barrientos. We also had a office meeting and after that we had dinner. President kept making jokes all night. It was a good night. So office work is pretty tough. We're always here and we work less hours than normal missionaries. 5 hours lang bawat isang araw. Nais ko na magtrabaho pero ayos naman kasi ito ay ang pagkakataon upang na makapagsilbi sa mga ibang misyonero dito sa Laoag mission.

We get to travel to different parts of the missions doing deliveries. Basically we do what ever President asks us to do. Basically errands.


We see him and sister everyday and they take care of us. It's nice. It's like really having a mom and dad on a mission. We see president sometimes in regular clothes. It's so different but it's nice.

Oh mom, I went to Vigan! I took pictures of centro over there. It's a really nice place. Sister Kenfield took a video of me telling auntie to go to church already hehe. Hopefully she gets to see it. Hopefully she goes to church. Anyways, I don't know if you would recognize these places because it's been forever ago.

Visiting my Mom's birthplace was awesome!



Anyways, this past week, we've been in and out of the hospital taking care of a sick office elder. Nothing serious. I slept in the hospital last night on this really uncomfortable small couch. It's alright. I'm still alive.


We kept getting free food this week. Sister and President bought us pizza and KFC. That's nice. It's a blessing.

Oh and mom, I know how to cook the following, caldereta, menudo, apretada, dinengdeng, paksiw, pinakbet, adobo. That's it so far. No powders hehe. I'll cook for you when I get home. I enjoy cooking but it takes time. We're gonna try to cook Kare Kare again. I have Elder Bulseco with me in the apartment again so we're going to experiment on foods. Anyways, take care family ken agannadkayo!

Elder Morales

No comments:

Post a Comment