Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Week 2: Chris Reporting from the MTC


Hello everyone!!!

Ok so I think I'm finally get tired of cafeteria food.


I can't wait to get to the philippines and eat lots of kanin. We keep talking about filipino food. It doesn't help that it's in the back of the dictionary describing every meal and dessert. So hopefully you get all those pictures. Unfortunately I could only send 2 at a time. I think I'll just send the SD card or something like that. It's more efficient. I guess I'll have to buy another one. Anyways, I'm happy to hear Esa stayed at church the whole time. How did she do? And how is she by the way? How are all of you too? There's really not much excitement at the MTC. It's basically classes every day, twice a day, for three hours. But its good. They teach us how to do planning, language planning, and progressive investigator. Progressive investigator is basically teaching one of the teachers and pretending that they are a real investigator. It's really interesting.


We have to teach them purely in Tagalog so that makes it even more interesting. We have this phrasebook for the lessons in Tagalog but I try not to use it. I try to translate what I want to say myself down on paper. It's really helpful I find.

Anyways, I just realized I'm halfway through my MTC time here. I only got three weeks left until were kicked out and shipped to the Philippines. I really can't wait!!!


So in my district, my kasama became the new district leader so now I gotta follow him to get the mail and do other things.
ME and Elder Del Rosario

As a district, we enjoy singing lots of hymns. All acapella. I'm pretty sure you would love to hear that. It's really cool. Oddly enough, they already got me playing piano here more frequently. I guess I really can't escape it. Oh! We also have firesides and devotionals often. The tuesday night devotionals usually have someone from the seventy or twelve so I'm really curious who we have tonight. I really wish Holland came back here. He's super intense with his talks.

Sorry I don't have much interesting stories this week. The days are all pretty much the same. Basically we just wake up, shower, eat, class, eat, class, eat, sleep.



That's the MTC life. Oh so for my contact lenses, my prescription is at le lunetier. It's under the last name Altares, Jomar. And my sunglasses should be in my room. Oh and please send me a copy of Jesus the Christ. I may also need money transferred to my chequing account in case I need to make purchases at the bookstore.

Actually, we usually have breakfast at the temple every Tuesday morning since the cafeteria is closed after we leave the temple so I need money for that.

Tuesdays Temple trips

Anyways, I'll probably write letters home if anything. 30 minutes is not enough. Take care everyone. I love you guys!

Elder Morales

No comments:

Post a Comment